Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Pictures from Dresden


This is Graybear, the not-quite-gray chew toy stuffed animal I received as a gift on my (twenty-) second birthday, from none other than my now girlfriend (and her roommate). (The name "Graybear" is rumored to have some connection with my last name.)

Graybear and I went on a trip to Dresden, Germany. I was busy at a math conference, so I sent Graybear out to take pictures of the city for me. This is what he came up with.


(Graybear in the Ibis Hotel Bastei.)






(Ampelmann--and Ampelwoman!)


(Frauenkirche)




(Martin Luther)


(Friedrich August III)


(I know it's childish, but I can't help but be amused by this.)




(The Elbe.)










(The Cathedral)






(Pragerstrasse)


(Graybear liked to take pictures of himself.)
















(Graybear has an especially nice smile in this one.)


















Blargh!




(That almost looks like my name!)


(Is there a Postmodernism Shop?)




(It was really difficult to get this one. It's very pretty at night, but difficult to adjust the camera to the appropriate setting.)

After all that picture taking, I think Graybear deserves a nap.



Next time you get a chance to go to Germany, be sure to visit Dresden!

3 comments:

  1. The plaque in the fifteenth picture, if you didn't find a translation, reads:

    "The painter is not meant to paint merely what he sees before him, but also what he sees within himself. If therefore he sees nothing in himself, then let him cease to paint what he sees before him."

    I'm assuming C.D.F. is Caspar David Friedrich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jameson! Your sense of humor cracks me up! :D

    Graybear looks like he had a great time in Germany. Does he speak with a funny accent too now?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear feedback!