Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Joel Salatin on innovation

From Chapter 9, "Best Management Practices," in Everything I Want to Do Is Illegal:
"You see, the government can never be creative, because by definition it must satisfy 51 percent of the population. And the majority is never on the cutting edge of innovation. Any study of innovation reveals a common thread: it's really lonely out there at the breakthrough point. The early discoverers do not have majority backing; they receive sneers and catcalls from the majority."
I wish I had time to discuss this whole chapter tonight, but it cannot be.

Every chapter in this book seems to leave me with that feeling. So I'll just give a quick recommendation: read this book.

I mean it. Read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear feedback!